Black Friday Promo Is On Now! 10% Off All Gift Cards. BUY NOW
Millions of people suffer from acne. It can start as a young teen or as an adult. Whether your breakouts respond to home treatments or you see a dermatologist regularly one of the most feared complications is acne scarring. This can range from one “pock mark” to an entire face. The strange thing is that no one can predict who will develop a scar and who will clear with no lasting skin damage. Sometimes patients with only a few acne break outs with scar with each one, and some people can have extensive acne and heal without a problem. In recent years the options for treating acne scars have expanded with new and exciting technology that can treat even old scars with minimal downtime.
While there are many different type of acne scars, all of the treatments seek to normalize that collagen deep in the skin and produce a smoother surface. The less invasive the procedure, the more times it must be performed with the trade off of minimial “down time”- or time away from work or social activities. Here are 5 new ways that dermatologists can improve even older scars:
There are many new, safe, and exciting ways to give relief to acne sufferers. It is best to consult a physician who is experienced in all of the treatments available as your treatment should be specific to achieve your personal best.
We are looking forward to seeing you in person starting in a few weeks. In order to ensure the highest levels of safety we ask you to follow the new procedures outlined below
1. Please communicate with the front desk from behind the clear protective shield that we have installed. In order to minimize your time at check in we will handle all insurance or billing questions over the phone.
2. We ask that you fill out all new patient information or updated patient information prior to coming for your appointment. You will be provided instructions for updating this information.
3. Please wear a face mask to your appointment and use the hand sanitizer upon entering the building. We will be unable to see you in the office without a face covering.
4. Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to your appointment, and call the front desk before coming into the building. If you arrive earlier than 5 minutes, we ask that you please wait in your car and we will call you when we are ready to see you.
5. If you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, we may need to reschedule your appointment. Please call the front desk and wait in your car while we reschedule your appointment.
6. Only the patient being seen is allowed in the office. Anyone accompanying you to the office must wait in the car if possible until it is time to pick you up. Exceptions will be made only for legally necessary companions.
7. If you are coming for aesthetic services please call to let us know that you have arrived and we ask you to wait in your car until we are ready for you and then we will bring you directly to the treatment room for your visit.
8. We ask that you carry only one personal item with you and keep your personal item with you at all times.
9. You will be asked to reschedule if you have a fever or cough. If your health situation changes on the day of your appointment, please notify the office and we will reschedule you. If you were exposed to anyone with COVID-19 symptoms please wait at least 14 days to come into the office. We will happily reschedule your visit.
We are looking forward to seeing you and providing you with safe skin care so that you can live a healthy life!
Our staff is continuing to follow all proper safety — hand washing, wearing PPE and using proper disinfecting and sanitizing guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping everyone safe!
Your Springhouse Derm Team